Stock and Security Donations
Using stocks or mutual funds that have appreciated in value can be a good way to make a significant contribution to Moody and avoid the capital gains tax that might be realized if the stock were sold.
How it Works
- You transfer securities to Moody Bible Institute and notify us that you are doing so. For more information, please download Security Transfer Instructions (pdf).
- Moody sells your securities and uses the proceeds for its ministry.
- You receive gift credit and an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, no matter what you originally paid for them.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the securities you donate.
- You can direct your gift to a specific ministry or purpose.
If you would like to give a gift of stocks or securities to Moody, we would love to help you. To learn more, contact our Manager, Planned Giving: by calling (800) 801-2171 or:
Fill out our online contact formE-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Moody Bible Institute of Chicago
820 N. LaSalle Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60610
Tax ID Number: 36-2167792