March 19 Moody Student COVID-19 Update
Dear Moody Students,
We hope this email finds you well. As an ITS team, we have been planning and preparing for the last few days in order ensure that the transition to online classrooms for the remainder of the semester is as smooth as possible. We appreciate your patience with us as we each tread new waters together. As you may know, many, if not all, of the classes currently in session will be transitioning to an online platform called Zoom.
In an effort to be proactive in this measure, we decided it may be helpful to provide some steps for the installation of this software on your device, whether a computer or a phone. Below are a few different options which will provide assistance for installing this software:
- Downloading and Installing Zoom on Windows
- Go to https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting
- Click "Download" below the headline "Zoom Client for Meetings"
- Double click on the downloaded program(ZoomInstaller.exe) to start the installation
- Windows may then prompt you to either "Run" or "Cancel" this file. Choose "Run."
- After the program finishes installation, you will be prompted to sign in. If you have already created a zoom account in the past, please log in as normal. If you have not yet created a zoom account, please do so with your Moody email and unique password.
- Downloading and Installing Zoom on Mac
- Toggle to https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203020795-How-To-Install-on-Mac
- This link will provide all necessary steps for installing zoom.
Further, many of you have reached out to us regarding what our recommendations may be for using this application. There are 3 central recommendations from our team:
- Although Zoom does provide support and an application on both Apple and Android devices, we do not recommend using Zoom for phones in order to join your classes.
- If you have not already created a zoom account, please create an account using your moody email and a unique password. Zoom does not require it's users to change their password every 90 days, so it is unnecessary to use the same password as your moody accounts.
Last, Zoom does offer a web-browser based software, which does not require a download of any kind. However, we have discovered that this is not as user friendly and is not as compatible with recurring meetings.
Last, as always, we are ready and willing to serve each of your needs. Although we are currently experiencing a higher volume of cases, please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you are experiencing technological issues and/or have any questions and will do our best to help in any way that we can.
Information Technology Services