February 28 Moody Community COVID-19 Update
Dear Moody Family,
As we continue to closely monitor the situation related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and the updates being provided to us from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and local public health authorities, we want to provide additional guidance as Spring Break approaches and some may be traveling.
- Stay informed about the coronavirus at cdc.gov/coronavirus.
- To learn more about important travel restrictions from the U.S. Department of State during this public health emergency, please visit travel.state.gov.
- Visit Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for helpful information about traveling to China, South Korea, Italy, Iran and Japan, which are affected geographic areas.
- Check in frequently with your commercial airline carrier regarding your flight(s).
- Contact your health care provider if you travel outside of the U.S., especially if you plan to visit an area with confirmed COVID-19 cases.
We have no reported cases on Moody campuses. Other than normal preventative measures during cold and flu season, we have not been instructed to use masks or gloves, implement social distancing, avoid mass gatherings, or alter our schedules. Hand sanitizers remain strategically placed around campus and signs are posted in restrooms reminding people of the importance of hand washing.
- Get a flu shot.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Wipe down phone, keyboard, and other frequently touched surfaces with disinfecting wipes.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, and stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or the inside of your elbow, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
If you are on the Chicago campus and have any health-related questions, Moody’s Health Services is open Monday–Friday, 9:30 a.m.–noon, and 1–4 p.m. They can also be reached at (312) 329-4417.
As a reminder, God has not given us a spirit of fear, “but of power and love and self-control”; therefore, we will not panic but continue to pray and use wisdom in staying prepared. Please pray specifically for those who are suffering from the effects of the Coronavirus and the seasonal flu, and the health officials treating them and seeking to curb the spread of these respiratory viruses.
Thank you for your commitment to loving your neighbor by taking preventative measures and helping ensure Moody is a safe and healthy environment.