This site uses cookies to provide you with more responsive and personalized service and to collect certain information about your use of the site.  You can change your cookie settings through your browser.  If you continue without changing your settings, you agree to our use of cookies.  See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Search Results

Results shown: All (907) Devotions (659) From the Editors (62) Q & A (38)

Prayer in Ministry

May 28, 2019

Prayer in Ministry The United States Olympic committee ranked wrestling as the fifth most difficult sport out of sixty. Wrestling requires a unique combination of speed, strength, endurance, technique, confidence, and drive. Dan Gable, an Olympic gold medalist in the sport, was quoted as saying, “Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life...

  • Topic:
  • Devotions May 28, 2019

Intercession: Jesus Prays for His Disciples and All Believers

May 1, 2013

Intercession: Jesus Prays for His Disciples and All Believers Charles Spurgeon once said that all the Christian virtues are locked up in the word prayer. The topic is a wellspring that invites sustained study and reflection from many angles. This month we will explore prayer in the New Testament, studying descriptions and examples of prayer...

  • Topic:
  • Devotions May 1, 2013

Letters from the Queen

September 29, 2016

Letters from the Queen The Library of Congress has more than 20,000 documents from President Abraham Lincoln’s life and political career. Among the collection are letters, speeches, and personal notes. One particularly treasured artifact is a draft of the Emancipation Proclamation dated July 22, 1862. Great effort is taken to preserve these...

  • Topic:
  • Devotions September 29, 2016

The Freedom of Imprisonment

June 14, 2020

“You may find yourself fighting against God if you fail to realize as Paul did here that the whole of your past has had the hand of God in it..."

  • Topic:
  • Devotions June 14, 2020

How to Build a Better Leader

July 12, 2017

How to Build a Better Leader Writing in the Harvard Business Review, Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic suggested when it comes to leadership success, self-confidence is overrated. Low selfconfidence is better because it causes the leader to be more self-critical, can be a motivation to work harder, and suppresses natural arrogance. But in our passage...

  • Topic:
  • Devotions July 12, 2017

Devotion for June 12, 2006

June 12, 2006

Devotion for June 12, 2006 It has often been said that 10 percent of communication is verbal (actual content) and the other 90 percent of communication is nonverbal (tone and body language). Learning to communicate effectively means learning not only how to phrase a message but also how to communicate it nonverbally in one’s tone, inflection,...

  • Topic:
  • Devotions June 12, 2006

Devotion for September 01, 2007

September 1, 2007

Devotion for September 01, 2007 According to the 2005 Baylor Religion Study, 79.1 percent of Christians said that they had not shared their faith with a stranger during the previous month. This reflects the uneasiness that many Christians feel about evangelism. Many don’t know what to say or worry about offending people. If you can identify...

  • Topic:
  • Devotions September 1, 2007

Devotion for January 03, 2006

January 3, 2006

Devotion for January 03, 2006 Thucydides, author of the History of the Peloponnesian War (written around 424 B.C.) is regarded as the first true historian. He included concise, objective, and detailed descriptions of events in a war between Athens and Sparta, along with analytic commentary. In addition to using his firsthand knowledge as...

  • Topic:
  • Devotions January 3, 2006

Devotion for July 14, 2006

July 14, 2006

Devotion for July 14, 2006 Historian Albert J. Raboteau wrote about the worship of African Americans in the days of slavery: “The presence of God became manifest in the words, the gestures, and the bodily movements of the believers. . . . The emotional ecstasy of the slaves’ worship services conveyed their belief that the whole person—body...

  • Topic:
  • Devotions July 14, 2006

More Love in Christ, Paul

May 31, 2021

Daily devotional from Moody Bible Institute: If there was a recording of our conversation for an entire day, what would it reveal?

  • Topics:
  • Devotions
  • Christianity
  • The Gospel
  • Spiritual Growth
  • Redemption
  • Christ's Return May 31, 2021


Moody Bible Institute
820 N. LaSalle Blvd. Chicago, IL 60610 
(800) DL-MOODY


Moody Connection

I have read and agree to Moody’s Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.*

By submitting this form, you consent to receive promotional and other communications from the Moody Bible Institute.


Moody exists to Proclaim the Gospel through equipping people to be biblically grounded, practically trained, and to engage the world through Gospel-centered living.

American Council on Gift Annuities logoCanadian Council of Christian Charities logo